Friday, October 4, 2013

The sherry saga continues...

I've learned two things in my sherry quest:

1. Finos.  Yes, I was right, that's the type I like.
2. Serve slightly chilled.


The boyfriend was kind enough to buy me a bottle of Osborne Pale Dry Fino Sherry.


I was going to pour myself a glass and then I noticed a small "serve chilled" note on the front.  I popped it into the fridge and made dinner.

Maybe the serving chilled makes all the difference.  This bottle was fantastic, slightly sweet in a delightful refreshing way, but not too cloying or raisiny.  The bottle is now empty, which absolutely says something.  I almost wish I had some left so I could do a test of chilled vs room temperature to see which I preferred and if it makes that big of a difference.  I have another bottle of sherry that I'm not a huge fan of, so I'm going to try chilling it and see what happens.

I drank this one with steak tacos.  Probably not the recommended pairing but I like to live on the edge.  It was quite good.  The sweet crispness of the sherry cut through the spiciness of the tacos and provided another layer of flavor to my meal.  Heck yes.  I would absolutely buy this bottle again.

No comments:

Post a Comment